Executive Director - SCTA
Reports to: SCTA Board of Directors and Executive Committee
Location: SCTA Office is located on the University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) Campus.
Supervises: All personnel employed by SCTA, as well as provides contract adherence oversight to independent contractors associated with SCTA.
The Southern California Tennis Association (SCTA) - one of seventeen "Sections" of the United States Tennis Association (USTA) - is seeking a dynamic and experienced executive to lead and manage a high-performing regional organization and execute its strategic plan and mission – "To promote and develop the growth of tennis."
The SCTA, founded in 1887, is a not-for-profit organization committed to promoting the game of tennis by offering quality recreational and competitive programs for people of all ages and abilities. The Section’s geographic coverage includes: Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
The Executive Director will be responsible for managing the Section under the direction of the President and the Board of Directors. These responsibilities include developing and executing an annual operating plan to carry-out the Section’s strategic plan, managing the annual budget, managing and developing the Section’s staff, working closely with the Section’s Board of directors and volunteer committees, administering Section policies and procedures, and delivering/enhancing the programs of USTA and the SCTA.
The Section is in very sound financial condition and has a long history of solid financial performance and sufficient financial reserves to both support its continued operations and fund key strategic development initiatives.
Download job description for the SCTA Executive Director position.
TGA – Premier Junior Tennis
We’re looking for a Class Director.
Classes run for 1 hour per day at 5 schools.
TGA Directors can make $30 per class for a 1 hour day or $12 per hour for a 12 hour work week helping with administrative duties.
Location: Various schools in Pasedena
TGA operates a 5 level program using USTA 10 and under (quickstart) equipment and basic curriculum. Returning students are subject to advancement in our 5 level program. Students are introduced to the game on campus in a fun, friendly and educational environment.
Additional hours are available through camps, clinics and tournaments.
Please send resume and headshot to email@example.com or call 310-486-0359 for more information.
TGA Premier Junior Golf & Tennis
390 N. Sepulveda Blvd
El Segundo, CA 90245
Ten and Under Tennis Coordinator & Diversity Coordinator
(USTA Nevada job posting)
POSITION: Community Development & Diversity Coordinator or Ten and Under Tennis Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
WORK WEEK: 40 Hours/wk or part time 20 Hours/wk - flexible
Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Flexible
Saturdays 5 hours.
(May occasionally include some weekend and evening activities)
BENEFITS: Provider: Health Plan of Nevada Health Insurance. 1 week paid vacation after one year. Some holidays, potential for bonus.
Responsible for the administration and promotion of the USTA 10 and Under Initiative via its potential partnerships and programs in the Las Vegas area. This person will exercise a good deal of independent thinking in the implementation of this initiative.
Responsible for public relations and marketing initiatives.
Responsible for attending and creating special events to promote tennis.
Responsible to help USTA Nevada with all the details pertaining to achieving it’s annual business plan.
Develop and promote the USTA 10 and Under Initiative in Las Vegas
CORE EXPECTATION: You will work to help grow the game of tennis through our specific initiatives as outlined in the USTA Nevada strategic plan, the annual business plan, initiatives and from day to day direction from the Executive Director.
MISSION AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
To serve our most important customers, the clubs, pros, captains and players. We work for the pros who are the most effective source for promotion and the growth in Nevada.
Our main goal is to help the clubs and pros grow tennis by reaching out to families when the children are young and uncommitted into other sports. Our target market is primarily ages three to seven and up to age ten. The main focus is to get these players into tennis programs offered by our member organizations, clubs and pros.
DIVERSITY #1 PRIORITY
Our other main priority is to help grow the adult league and diversity in our District. We want the face of our organization to reflect that of our community. Tennis must be inviting to people from all walks of life for us to be successful.
1. Communicate best practices, updates, etc. to District staff, clubs, pros, parks, TOC captains, local league coordinators (as appropriate), Tennis Service Representatives (TSRs) and other as appropriate.
2. Work with District staff, Tennis Service Representatives, etc., to organize and run annual play days, kids clubs, after school and in school programs. Help create and distribute training resources (manuals, CD’s, etc.)
3. Market and promote tennis in the state via Web site, direct mail, e-newsletter, etc. , press releases, social media and more.
4. Prepare and implement budgets for Tennis initiatives and manage budget compliance.
5. Help to organize Jr. Team Tennis teams and leagues, play days and any program that most effectively reaches out to ten and under players.
6. Work with District staff to help recruit and train new Area League Coordinators in targeted untapped areas.
7. Help coordinate and organize JTT District Championships, tournaments and more.
8. Work with ED and office administrator to facilitate the sectional grants, reporting and communication.
9. Identify and help organize events to market USTA programs and initiatives, i.e. QuickStart Festivals, Health Fairs etc.
10. USTA-Nevada Special Projects Assistant – special events and projects come about from time to time requiring all hands on deck. You will be part of the event and project team executing the Executive Directors vision in areas assigned to you.
This can include:
Help coordinate all sectional promotion events.
Help coordinate and organize volunteers for sectional events.
Provide assistance to Competitive Tennis Manager on special events.
Work with Executive Director to successfully solicit sponsorships
Help with articles and submissions for Website
Help with Sectional events when needed
11. Help steer people onto adult league teams
12. Recruit and nurture quality volunteers, including captains, interns and volunteers.
1. Excellent organizational, administrative, and management skills required.
2. Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Second language a plus.
3. Customer service skills and ability to work with volunteers.
4. Computer skills to include Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point.
5. High energy and enthusiasm and ability to set goals.
6. Knowledge of USTA programs and tennis background with on court experience preferred (USPTA or PTR certification desirable.)
7. College degree not necessary
8. Industry/business experience a major plus.
9. Great work ethic and focus.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and reports to the Jr. Comp Coordinator and Adult league coordinator
Clubs, pros, community leaders, schools, parks staff, parents, players, media and more.
Over see subcontractors working on projects you lead.
WORK HOURS, LOCATION AND TRAVEL
Full time hourly staff member based in USTA-Nevada office or in the field as directed by the Executive Director. Possibility of working from home.
Some evening and weekend work required. Attendance at local, regional and national meetings, events and workshops as required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ability to achieve goals and objectives
- Success of member appreciation events.
- Quality, accuracy and timeliness of work/materials
- Ability to work within budgetary constraints
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The staff member will be asked to do many things not listed here. In short our organization asks that this employee be ready to fill any role at anytime as directed by our Executive Director.
Interested applicants email your resume to TENNISjobNEVADA@Gmail.com. Due to a large amount of anticipated applications and limited staff we will only contact the applicants right away who make it to the first round of interviews which will take place in ten days. The applicants will be reviewed and chosen through the search committee.
TGA – Premier Junior Tennis
(USTA Nevada job posting)
Entry level Executive Assistant
HOURS: Full Time - 40 hours/week or Part time 20 hours a week
LOCATION: Las Vegas, Nevada - Summerlin area
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: No degree or experience needed.
Must have computer skills, desire, good work ethic and Self motivated.
DETAILS: This position is in the USTA-Nevada District office which governs tennis in Southern Nevada, including leagues, tournaments, junior and adult tennis, schools and parks programs, as well as promotion, advocacy, marketing, country club and facility support, diversity and community building.
POSITION: USTA-Nevada is seeking a strong executive assistant that will serve as Executive assistant to staff and as a receptionist.
JOB HIGHLIGHTS: The position is high energy, filled with special projects, tasks and opportunities to grow under dynamic leadership. In this job you will be given tasks that are as basic as answering phones, doing expense reports and processing payments. You will also be part of helping to organize professional events, act as the office manager and communication hub for the organization. This position also provides the opportunity to develop administrative job skills and know-how through a wide variety of tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering the phone, taking tennis class registration, processing class and tournament payments, serve as liaison with our park and rec pros to ensure class coverage, and coordinate maintenance to office equipment.
- Serve as gatekeeper for the Executive Director and USTA-Nevada office - answering queries from Board of Directors, partners, and the public about USTA Nevada programs.
- Organize Executive Director’s daily itinerary periodically - schedule internal and external meetings using Outlook calendar; reserve conference rooms for meetings and order refreshments when necessary.
- Assist the Executive Director with preparing letters and your budget.
- Draft and proofread correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Assist with proposals and letter.
- Manage our excel sheets (will train).
- Order office supplies and stationary
- Handle all filing
- Make travel arrangements for Executive Director, Board and staff, handle their expense reports.
- Work with special projects as assigned by the Executive Director (i.e. League parties, special events, sending invitations etc...)
- Help support staff at events.
- Processing payments and handling record keeping and getting expense reports to the book keeper.
- Must be flexible and be willing to deal with change and last minute projects and tasks
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends in rare occasions
- In charge of office management, cleaning and organizing
- All duties of an office manager and executive assistant
- Filing, archiving
- No college degree needed - willing to train
- No specific experience needed except computer skills. Willing to allow learning on the job.
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of tennis helpful but not needed
Must enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an Executive overseeing diverse range of projects. Applicants for this executive assistant position must have desire to work in a high-demand, dynamic environment. Applicants must be open to and seek redirection and constructive criticism and display a positive attitude when doing ones duties.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter in the body of the email NOT as an attachment.
Interested applicants email your resume to TENNISjobNEVADA@Gmail.com. Due to a large amount of anticipated applications and limited staff we will only contact the applicants right away who make it to the first round of interviews which will take place in ten days.