QuickStart Tennis Workshops
QuickStart Tennis Workshops (QST), for those who primarily work with children ages 10 and under, has specific goals in mind to help prepare coaches, instructors and parents to give tennis players of all ages and abilities an exceptional experience.
Over 300 workshops are conducted each year reaching over 9,000 participants.
Are QuickStart Tennis Workshops for me?
These workshops are designed for anyone working with entry level players who are looking to instill a love of the game.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to help grow tennis!
- Parents and Grandparents seeking the basics in coaching and organizing teams
- Park & Recreation instructors
- Physical Education Teachers
- After School Provides
- Adaptive tennis instructors and program providers
- League Captains
What happens in a QuickStart Tennis Workshop?
Lead by specially educated and certified national trainers, these interactive workshops help you learn to become a recreational coach by immersing you in dynamic on-court activities.
I am interested in team tennis. Will a QuickStart Tennis Workshop prepare me?
Yes. Tennis is not only an individual sport, it’s all about teams. You will learn how to easily set up team competitions with scoring and equipment that is age appropriate. For children 10 & U these elements are part of a play format known as QuickStart Tennis. Kids aged 11-18 progress to Jr. Team Tennis and then to adult leagues.
What do I receive from a QuickStart Tennis Workshop?
- Training from a certified PTR and/ or USPTA professional who has received special training from the USTA
- Recreational Practice Plans
- A Participant Manual
- Coaching Minute
- Certificate of Attendance
- The knowledge to implement the QuickStart Tennis play format in your programming
- Access to the latest in modified equipment and additional coaching resources and sample balls
Find a QuickStart Tennis Workshops in your area.