Tennis On Campus provides a variety of benefits:
· A Turn-key intramural program that is fun and easy to run
· Start-up funding and equipment support (applications available each spring)
· Increased use of campus tennis courts
· Eligibility for USTA National Campus Championship and USTA Southern California Section Campus Championships
· Increased social and networking opportunities for the student population
· Promotes a healthy physical workout
"If you start your own club or get involved running intramurals, you'll get to know EVERYONE that plays tennis at your school… I am not exaggerating."
– Mark Otten, Grad Student, UCLA Intramural/Club Tennis
· The USTA Tennis on Campus Coordinator in Southern California is available to help you execute a successful program
· The USTA is proud to offer financial support and resources through NIRSA to colleges and universities interested in supporting recreationally based team tennis programs for the students.
Tennis On Campus "Start Up" Grant
· Up to $750 per school for the purpose of developing a new USTA Tennis On Campus coed league or Sport Club.
· By applying for this grant, the USTA and NIRSA expect you to make every reasonable effort to develop your sport club and field a team to compete in the USTA Campus Championship – Southern California.
· To receive additional information and access the grant application, click here.
On Campus Recruiting / Support
· Recreational Sport Departments
· Tennis Classes
· Players who did not make the varsity squad
· Former High School players are natural for this program